Retired NYPD cop John Cardillo weighed in on what he thinks the lessons for law enforcement are from the Sydney siege.
- Draconian gun laws did nothing to prevent a terrorist from getting a gun.
- One armed patron of cafe could have ended this quickly.
- NSW Police Commissioner treating this like a local crime, not terror.
- 5 hostages have escaped so they have ironclad intel.
- Shooter has shown his face and body multiple times, yet snipers not given green light to shoot.
- Police attitude is cavalier, letting spectators very close to crime scene
- NSW Police so focused on downplaying terror, that they’ve unwittingly given terror 24 hours of global press.
- Message sent to terrorists that Australia is now an easy target, and will get you billions of global eyeballs.
- Global progressives already starting “It’s not Islam, it’s one guy.” Forgetting Ft. Hood and Richard Reid.
- Hostage taker’s stock in eyes of global terror has risen. Putting him in prison instead of killing him enables him to become a recruiter.
- ISIS plot to behead Sydney residents thwarted in Sept