Who is Charles C. Johnson, the founder and editor-in-chief of GotNews?
He is an investigative journalist, author, start-up founder, and sought-after researcher. He was a contributor to the Daily Caller and The Blaze, and his work is frequently featured on Drudge Report. He is author of Why Coolidge Matters: Leadership Lessons from America’s Most Underrated President and The Truth About the IRS Scandal.
Charles is an award-winning journalist who has also written for The Wall Street Journal, New York Post, Los Angeles Times, American Spectator, Daily Beast, National Review Online, PJ Media, and The Weekly Standard.
Charles has appeared on Fox News with Megyn Kelly, Sean Hannity, and Lou Dobbs, as well as numerous radio programs, including Rusty Humphries, Dennis Prager, Larry Elder, and Mark Levin.
Charles has worked for Alan M. Dershowitz at Harvard Law School, Seth Lipsky at the New York Sun, Carl Schramm at the Kauffman Foundation, and Charles Kesler at the Claremont Review of Books.
He is at work on a new book about the researcher community and Barack Obama, as well as acting as CEO of the new journalism crowdfunding start-up WeSearchr, which has been featured or mentioned in Forbes, Vanity Fair, New York Magazine, The Daily Dot, CNN Tech, the Center for Investigative Journalism’s Reveal, and much, much more.
WeSearchr has even been acknowledged by earth-shaking whistleblower non-profit WikiLeaks.
Charles has done so much they even have a Wikipedia page about him — although its accuracy is disputed.
In June of 2014, Charles C. Johnson started GotNews; it was part taunt, part social experiment. The mainstream media wasn’t doing its job and he wondered whether the Internet community could do it better.
The answer was yes. Since then, GotNews has grown into a news organization with a full-time editorial staff and hundreds of volunteer researchers, reporters, and sources — and the mainstream media hates us for it.
Over the last two years, with zero help from the entire mainstream, we have:
- Debunked UVA rape hoax artist Jackie Coakley and exposed the embarassing “gang rape” debacle, with our research later successfully being used in court against Rolling Stone magazine.
- Repeatedly exposed #BlackLivesMatter as the liars, criminals, and terrorists that they are, such as here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here — always hours ahead of the slow and lying mainstream media.
- Tracked down the long-rumored audio tapes of Senator John McCain betraying his country as a captive of the communist North Vietnamese — the tapes, which were last heard by American G.I.’s in the jungles of Vietnam, were released online through WeSearchr thanks to us.
- Put the wealthy vandal who destroyed Donald Trump’s Hollywood Walk of Fame Star with a pickaxe behind bars, after exposing all of his personal information to LAPD detectives in a record 7 hours after he first struck. He was later charged with felony vandalism.
- Exposed the Democrats’ favorite Muslim dad Khizr Khan as a charity fraudster running a fetish sex club called “Kinky Lick’s Wet Room” out of his house.
- Broke the September 2016 Manhattan bombing as an Islamic terrorist attack a full day before the mainstream media admitted it.
- Revealed ex-Miss Universe and Hillary Clinton surrogate Alicia Machado as an imprisoned Mexican meth trafficker’s baby mama, among other things, in record time — she immediately quit giving interviews because of us.
- Discovered never-before-seen documentary footage of a young Barack Obama whining about white people and white privilege in Kenya in the late 1980s or early 1990s. We released it online through WeSearchr, partnering with Paul Joseph Watson of InfoWars, where it quickly went viral with over 1.6 million views.
In the last few weeks of the 2016 presidential campaign, we discredited and debunked all eleven (and more) of Donald J. Trump’s fake “sexual assault” accusers in real-time. For good measure, we unearthed affairs by Democrat operatives John Podesta and Donna Brazile.
Our exclusive breaking news stories have trended #1 on Facebook, caused 24-hour media sh*tstorms, and elicited shocked tweets from President Donald J. Trump himself. Whether the mainstream media cares to admit or not, we drive the news cycle every day and we do it on a shoestring budget.
Our anonymous sources, some of whom — like President Barack Obama’s beloved brother Malik — have gone on to go public, are the best in the world. They are even better than CNN’s, an outlet that cast doubt on us and wrongly insinuated we were “fake news” for practicing the same journalistic and whistleblower protection methods that they did and continue to do.
We’ve all lost faith in the mainstream media and its narratives. We know their lies, but are confronted with a scarcity of coherent, organized, alternative truths. Our mission is to find those truths and deliver them to you, our dear reader.
Over the next few months, expect to find more content and a more user-friendly site. Look for tech and finance and articles, videos, and Dear Abe, our own somewhat unconventional take on the venerable Dear Abby.
Yours in truth,
PS. If you’ve got suggestions for GotNews, e-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org